CNN to Launch CNN Digital Studios to Reach Younger Audiences Online
Time Inc., which is owned by Time Warner, is hosting a Newfront for the first time this year. So maybe it shouldn’t come as a surprise that CNN, a property within Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting business, is also ramping up its original programming game.
According to The Wall Street Journal, CNN is launching CNN Digital Studios, which hopes to produce a slate of original series for younger, social-savvy viewers. Expected to be announced during CNN’s upfront presentation tomorrow, CNN Digital Studios will roll out with multiple series, including:
- “Your 15 Second Morning”: A 15-second news show that will be created for and distributed on Twitter.
- “Related with Dave Franco”: A series that focuses on siblings of famous celebrities, like host Dave Franco, brother of James. This show is co-produced with Funny or Die, which Turner Broadcasting is an investor in.
- “Brutally Honest with Kelly Wallace”: An interview series hosted by Wallace, a digital correspondent for CNN.
- “Live to 100 with Sanjay Gupta”: Hosted by America’s most famous doctor.
- “Crossfire Reloaded”: A digital companion to CNN’s famous debate show.
Other shows under development, according to WSJ, include a show in which an ex-NFL player examines productivity in people’s lives as well as another starring a protege of chef Anthony Bourdain, who has a working relationship with CNN.
CNN Digital Studios will be headed by CNN SVP Andrew Morse.Tags: andrew morse, CNN, cnn digital studios, funny or die, News, TIme Inc., time warner, Turner Broadcasting