Complex Bolsters Originals Slate with Riff Raff-Hosted Variety Show
Complex Media, the male/lifestyle magazine publisher and digital media network, has announced two new original video series for its Complex TV offering.
The first show, titled “Riff Raff Realm,” is described as a “modern-day ‘Pee-wee’s Playhouse’” mixed with the random nature of the Adult Swim sketch comedy series “Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!”… And it’s hosted by Houston-area rapper Riff Raff.
The second show is “Overcranked,” which will essentially be slow-motion clips of the “human form” shot by a super-slow motion camera, and set to music. Another way to put it? Watch attractive women do various things in super-slow motion, with a nifty audio track on background.
In addition to the two new shows, Complex is also renewing its flagship show, “Magnum Opus,” which looks to celebrate the history and cultural impact of influential hip-hop songs by interviewing artists associated with the tracks. Complex says it has already confirmed Snoop Dogg and Diddy to guest during the new season of “Magnum Opus,” with more to be announced at a later date.
With the addition of “Riff Raff Realm” and “Overcranked,” and the renewal of “Magnum Opus,” Complex TV’s originals slate now expands to 13 shows. The full list below, and can also be accessed via the Complex TV section at Complex.com.
- “The Process”: Host Peter Rosenberg interviews musicians as they reveal untold stories behind the making of iconic albums.
- “Tracking”: An in-depth look into popular artists’ latest projects.
- “Complex Kids”: Children answer questions about music, style, sports, and pop culture.
- “Complex Individuals”: Revealing the surprising nuance behind the façade of today’s celebrities.
- “Quickstrike”: Sneaker aficionados preview new releases and speak their minds about all things sneaker culture.
- “Combat Jack Show”: Co-hosts Just Blaze and Dallas Penn putt Hip-Hop’s biggest names to the test.
- “The Neighborhood”: Popular artists lead viewers on a tour of places that helped influence them.
- “First Look”: Original music videos featuring the musicians and directors that define our culture.
- “Cut & Show”: An in-depth look “behind the seams” of today’s cool brands.
- “C-List”: Host Dariany Santana turns the best of Complex’s authoritative, opinionated lists into an entertaining talk show.
An earlier version of this article said the new season of “Magnum Opus” would feature Snoop Dogg and Pharrell. It’s been changed to swap out Pharrell for Diddy.Tags: Complex, Complex TV, Interviews, lifestyle, music, Pharrell, Riff Raff, Snoop Dogg