Newfronts: The Weather Company Aims to Be ‘Quadruple Threat’
Previews Six Original Series Launching in July & Reveals Fall Slate – WARNING: Heart Rates Will Rise
The Weather Company also spotlighted their existing slate of content for Spring / Summer including:
- “Brink” follows eco-heroes fighting to save embattled species on the brink before it’s too late and premieres June 3rd.
- “Destination Uncharted” takes viewers on a journey to the most stunning natural places on Earth, set for premiere July 1.
- “Grid Breakers” profiles the world’s toughest pioneers who’ve battled the most extreme weather on Earth and lived to tell, premiering July 1.
while also announcing a slew of new programming launching this Fall, featuring 6x 2-4 min. episodes with the binge viewer in mind (aka the full episode run will go live at the same time.)
- “I Am Unstoppable” tells the inspiring stories of six outdoor athletes who’ve overcome extraordinary obstacles to become champions.
- “Virus Hunters” (WT, launches November 2013) takes viewers inside the work of the scientists who protect us against nature’s most deadly killers. From an outbreak of H1N1 that spreads across the globe in weeks to a stolen vial of smallpox that decimates a population, the number of nightmare scenarios involving deadly pathogens is almost endless.
- “Alive” (WT, launches December 2013) shares the stories of extraordinary Americans who have survived manmade and natural disasters. Weather Films talks to the survivors who defied death, and to the scientists who explain what happened.
Today’s presentation from the Weather Company shows just how serious they are taking online video as they look to build broadcast-scale programming across all screens.