By Sahil Patel
Among the 16 shows announced by AOL in April as part of its 2014 original programming slate is “Follow Me,” a series that will document the lives of some of the most popular online video creators, and in the process explore how they are redefining what it means to be a celebrity in the digital age.
Produced by Fullscreen, one of the largest multi-channel networks on YouTube, “Follow Me” is set to debut on July 29 with 10 episodes, available across every screen that AOL On distributes to.
With a couple of weeks to go, AOL and Fullscreen have unveiled the cast list for the show, which will highlight a different creator in each of its 10 episodes. Here’s the featured cast:
- Comedienne Brittani Louise Taylor (1.1 million subscribers)
- Comedy filmmaking group 5 Second Films (380,000 subscribers)
- Ricky Dillon (1.5 million) and JC Caylen (1.4 million), two members of the boy-band Our 2nd Life
- Dancer and choreographer Marquese Scott (WHZGUD2) (1.3 million)
- Gaming channel ScrewAttack and its founder Craig Skistimas (1 million)
- Prankster Yousef Erakat, known on YouTube as FouseyTube (3.2 million)
- Andre Meadows of Black Nerd Comedy (275,000 million)
- Singer Megan Nicole (2.5 million)
- KL Cao of beauty and fashion channel Secret Life of a BioNerd (570,000 million)
These 10 creators combine to reach more than 13 million subscribers on YouTube. As expected, they are all networked with Fullscreen.
Following the premiere, new episodes of “Follow Me” will go live on Tuesdays. The show will also be syndicated to AOL Originals’ YouTube channel 24 hours after it premieres on AOL’s own video network.
And the trailer: