Today, the Alphabet-owned streaming giant revealed its Oscar Trailers Leaderboard, ranking the YouTube performance of trailers for this year’s Academy Award nominees for Best Picture. And the award for most-watched trailer goes to… “The Revenant.”
1. “The Revenant” (20th Century Fox) Official Teaser Trailer
2. “Mad Max: Fury Road” (Warner Bros.) Official Main Trailer
3. “The Martian” (20th Century Fox) Teaser Trailer
4. “The Big Short” (Paramount) Trailer
5. “Bridge of Spies” (Disney/DreamWorks) Trailer
6. “Brooklyn” (Fox Searchlight) Official HD Trailer
7. “Room” (A24) Offical Trailer HD
8. “Spotlight” (Open Road Films) Official Trailer #SPOTLIGHT MOVIE — NOW PLAYING
According to YouTube analytics, the top performing trailer from each nominee has collectively been watched over 200 million minutes on YouTube, which is the equivalent of nearly a million Oscar telecasts.
Hosted by Chris Rock, “The 88th Oscars” will be telecast live by ABC from the Dolby Theatre on Feb. 28, beginning at 7 p.m. ET. It will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide. People will also be able to live stream the telecast through ABC.com or the WATCH ABC app — but only if they have an account with a participating TV provider in Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham or San Francisco.