The Whistle Sports Network NewFront presentation in New York City today it unveiled six new series. It also revealed that it now has an aggregated social reach of 185 million across platforms — up 136% from last year — with its lineup of more than 400 partners, which include Dude Perfect, Brodie Smith and Buff Dudes.
At Whistle Sports’ NewFront presentation last year, dubbed “Draft Day,” it presented its first slate of programming, which included “Top Ten Trick Shots” on NickSports and multiple series that wound up on Verizon’s mobile-first platform Go90, such as “Dunk League” and “Trick Shot Lab.”
The new series announced today are:
- “Battlegrounds”: A world-spanning competition series in which creators attempt to accomplish epic feats in an effort to win a $50,000 prize.
- “Legends of Dunk”: A slam dunk competition consisting of eight regional competitions around the world.
- “Fifty Large”: A host travels cross-country, hitting 50 sporting events in 50 states with epic flair, on a budget of $50,000.
- “Crushing History”: Hosts put fresh spins on recreations of famous moments from sports history.
- “Hall of Gamers”: Athletes are pitted against gamers in settings that span from the couch to the field.
- “#WorldTrickshotDay”: A new “holiday” that will feature Whistle Sports creators doing cool, fun and exciting trick shots around the world.
Launched in January 2014, Whistle Sports has partners that include the NFL, the PGA Tour, Major League Baseball, Major League Lacrosse, NASCAR and Sky. In March, the company completed a $20 million Series C funding round including investments from TEGNA Inc. (formerly Gannett Co.), NBC Sports Ventures, Sky and Emil Capital.
At its NewFront presentation today, Whistle Sports announced that it has entered into linear TV partnerships with NBC, TEGNA and Sky. The details will be announced by the individual networks.