As go90 re-evaluates its content strategy, below is a deep overview of the categories, series and production companies behind go90’s initial rollout. While many of the content creators have indicated that they are in the dark as to how their content is actually performing on the platform, some have said go90 will double down on sports, comedy, and teen-drama and reality. Some executives have also noted that go90 may start to expand its slate to include shows aimed at the Hispanic community, an area where Hulu saw success with East Los High. Univision, Telemundo and MiTu are also trying to capitalize on the 55 million Hispanics that account for roughly 17% of the total U.S. population.
And who has the most shows (according to our count from the above lists)? (In descending order) Awesomeness TV, Maker Studios, Whistle Sports, New Form Digital, and Astronauts Wanted.
SPORTS: An edgy, uncensored and honest look into the lives of athletes and world of sports. Video that demonstrates the art of sports storytelling — no highlights, no breaking updates, no talking heads. We break down barriers between athletes and fans with exclusive, behind the scenes access to athletes and their worlds
- Air + Style (INE Entertainment): Olympic winner Shaun White takes one lucky fan along on a travel adventure.
- Brodie Smith’s World Tour (Whistle Sports): Disc guru and all-sports trick-shot legend Brodie Smith travels around the world to the biggest sporting events and applies his trade of creating epic moments.
- Cheerleader’s Champions League (AwesomenessTV): Welcome to Champions League, where the very best of the best cheerleading squads face off.
- Dunk League (Whistle Sports): The Dunk League a high-flying reality competition show that pits eight high-flying athletes against one another in a high-flying contest.
- Titans (Whistle Sports): Titans is a high-octane competition blending Whistle Sports athletes, natural elements, sports combinations and obstacles.
- NBA All Access; NBA Game in 90: All the best sights and sounds around the NBA, giving you a behind the scenes pass to the players and the teams; 90-second recaps of every NBA game throughout the season.
- Trick Shot Lab (Whistle Sports): Trick shots aren’t created in real-time, they’re meticulously calculated in the Trick Shot Lab where our resident athletes create and make the craziest shots known to man.
MUSIC: A backstage pass that gives unparalleled access to marquee and emerging artists and the people who made them. Features music industry influencers and trendsetters, managers, engineers, producers, and creative directors with a voice that is honest and real. Uncensored, organic access to music culture and lifestyle, design, style, reviews, music videos, interviews and profiles.
- Amazon Front Row (Amazon): go90 has partnered with Amazon to create Front Row Live, a concert series featuring exclusive live-streamed performances + VOD content. Live-streams are timed to align with album releases, capturing one of the artists’ earliest live performances.
- Crashed (Sony Music): Crashed is a hidden camera comedy show where unsuspecting fans, to their surprise and delight, are “crashed” by their favorite celebrities in music, sports and comedy.
- VICE Autobiographies (VICE): is a new series of documentary films that profile talent at the top of their fields and the pivotal moments that changed their careers.
- Outside Lands (UphoricTV): Outside Lands is a go90 exclusive 3 day music festival broadcast live from Golden Gate Park in San Francisco California on Aug 5th — Aug 7th. Go90 will air 4 to 6 hours of continuous, hosted live music performances plus feature content covering 5 stages and the entire breadth of the festival experience. The 2016 lineup includes Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, Lana Del Rey, J. Cole, Chance The Rapper, and Big Grams (Big BOI + Phantogram)
- Uphoric (UphoricTV): Get up close and personal with your favorite festival artists! From main stage to back stage, we give you a glimpse behind the music that makes you move.
Other categories are listed above, click to access.